Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Remington Versa Max or....

2747 Views 13 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  trucker3573
Would you go with the Versa Max waterfowl pro

Or the Beretta A400 Unico

Explain why please.

I prefer "Only made in America"
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Remington is bankrupt so there is only one choice.
After all the issues i've had with my remington 1187, I'll never buy another remington in any gauge or caliber. The 1187 I have is a P.O.S
Most 1187's are a pos, however the 1100 are really nice guns. One of my 28ga's is an 1100. I do however like the Beretta's they shoot nice also
Reactions: 6thMichCav
Agree, the 1100s are good guns. I have a 12 gauge mag in 1100. Love that gun!! Bought the 1187 super mag to shoot 3.5s. Bad choice. Older remingtons are still good guns. Haven't had any issues with the 1100. Spent as much on replacement parts for the 1187 as I paid for the gun:mad::mad:
Most 1187's are a pos, however the 1100 are really nice guns. One of my 28ga's is an 1100. I do however like the Beretta's they shoot nice also
Reactions: 6thMichCav
Guess this was a pointless thread. Turned into an 1100 is great and the 1187 is a POS. On that note I had two 1187 28 ga guns and they were great.

To the point of the thread I would say the Beretta because it isn’t a Remington.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m picking up a Browning Maxus II in a week. New design for ‘21 that looks really nice.
Reactions: Cat Power
Stoeger M3500 is the best gun for the money! I never had a hiccup with any shell I have run through it! I use to be a big Remington guy but anything made after the mid 90's is pure $%!(.
If you can get the Versa Max thats what I would get and as far as the 1187's the Premier I have for years is great.
I bought the A400 xtreme last year and couldn't be happier. Cycles everything you put in it down to 3/4 oz 12 gauge skeet loads and the kick off system really tames down 3.5's. Rubber grip inserts are great in wet weather and easy to adjust length of pull and drop. I will buy a second one before i bought anything else as a backup gun.
Reactions: NonTypicalCPA
I've got 1100, 1187, and A390. All work great, problem free, and cycle everything I put in them.
BTW, all five of my Remingtons ([email protected], [email protected]) were purchased used. A little TLC brought them back to life & function perfectly. Personally I swing the 1100 better than the 11-87, but love them all!

If OP is interested in "Only made in America", unclear why he's considering the Beretta:
The Beretta A400 Xtreme Plus was unveiled on May 5, 2018, at the NRA Annual Meeting in Dallas. It’s built in Italy and is billed as the ultimate for superior reliability for all conditions encountered in waterfowl hunting. (excerpted from Shooting Times, Feb 01, 2019)
Versamax is really easy to maintain and shoots everything as far as loads without a issue. Love mine

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I have a beretta a300 sporting. It shoots well but for a 1k shotgun the wood seems mediocre and the finish very mediocre. Would like bluing at that price. If I had a mulligan, as much as I hate to say it, I would have bought a Turkish gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.