Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i built with some help a 25-06 on a 98 mauser action and im looking for some reloading data for it im planning on using it deer. anyone got favorite load?
thank

·
Registered
352 Posts
You should post this in the reloading and target shooting forum,you should find out what you are looking for there.Sounds like a nice rifle have you had a chance to take it to the range yet,should be a shooter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im still figuring this website out. i took yesterday and put few round through it because i couldnt wait. i need to clear the snow out of my range so i only shot it at 60 yards but that was a clover leaf and that was using my trucks bedside as a rest

·
Registered
352 Posts
I hear you about being new,it wont take you long to figure out this site.the 25-06 is a good round not suprised by your cloverleaf.there is a lot of people on this site and most are pretty helpfull,dont be afraid to ask questions.I have gotten some good answers to my questions.good luck with your new rifle.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Welcome to the site.

Congratulations on getting your project to a shootable stage. I took two bucks this fall with a 98 mauser I made. Gives you a good feeling!!

As for data for the 25, I have one but haven't used it enough to reload in a while.

You'll get some good info on here. Also check out relodersnest.com they have lots of loads for most guns. Just be careful, start low and work up to hot loads.

·
Registered
6,610 Posts
I use mine for deer and varmints. The varmint loads are 75gr Hornady V-max. Work great for prairie dogs/woodchucks/fox/ about anything.
The deer loads are 117gr Sierra BT. I have a bunch of others coming to work with [Nosler ballistic tips, 110gr Accubonds, and a few others].
The nice thing is being able to make them from 30-06 cases which can be found pretty cheap. Powders I have used include IMR-4895, IMR-4350, and Accurate Arms-3100, I think the 3100 might be being marketed under Alliant now [I had 8lb kegs of it before and seemed to be on my last bit].

1 - 6 of 6 Posts