Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one got any thought on this release? I'm thinking long and hard on getting a new one. One advantage this one would have over my current release is that this claims to shorten the draw length due to the close proximity of the trigger to the releasing jaw.

Does anyone have a recommendation for or against this? What has been your experiences with it?

Thanks!

Ben

·
Registered
16,457 Posts
Any one got any thought on this release? I'm thinking long and hard on getting a new one. One advantage this one would have over my current release is that this claims to shorten the draw length due to the close proximity of the trigger to the releasing jaw.

Does anyone have a recommendation for or against this? What has been your experiences with it?

Thanks!

Ben
The statement is a misconception. Nothing changes the draw length of your bow or the draw length you need to shoot the bow properly. What does change is your anchor point.;)

As for the release, I'm a Scott fan. I use the Lil Goose. ;)

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The statement is a misconception. Nothing changes the draw length of your bow or the draw length you need to shoot the bow properly. What does change is your anchor point.;)

Good point...I should have interpreted that myself as "anchor point" NOT draw length.

is this the little Goose you refer to?
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-SCOTT-LITTLE-GOOSE-RELEASE-HOOK-LOOP-STRAP-BLACK_W0QQitemZ110278621797QQihZ001QQcategoryZ20841QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks for the reply.

Ben

·
Super Moderator
4,958 Posts

Disagree:D

The anchor point should remain the same regardless of the release used.

If that release happens to be shorter in the hand than yes...you'll need to lengthen the draw to get to the former/proper anchor.

All this is under the assumption your weren't over drawn t begin with though...if you were...All bets are off:cool:

·
Registered
16,457 Posts
Disagree:D

The anchor point should remain the same regardless of the release used.

If that release happens to be shorter in the hand than yes...you'll need to lengthen the draw to get to the former/proper anchor.

All this is under the assumption your weren't over drawn t begin with though...if you were...All bets are off:cool:
Kelly,I shopuld have been clearer my good friend. I said- The bows DL does NOT change if you change release aids. If you use a shorter release wiithout changing the DL of the boow, you have no choice but to change your anchor point.The only way that bows DL will change is through a module or cam change. Or of course string changes. ;)

·
Super Moderator
4,958 Posts
Kelly,I shopuld have been clearer my good friend. I said- The bows DL does NOT change if you change release aids. If you use a shorter release wiithout changing the DL of the boow, you have no choice but to change your anchor point.The only way that bows DL will change is through a module or cam change. Or of course string changes. ;)
Agreed:D

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yep, that is correct as I understand it. I need to effectively reduce my draw length...ie move my anchor point forward while still pulling the string just as far back. Right now my anchor point is too far back and almost to my ear-lobe after adding a string loop...resulting in having to overstretch the front arm and shoulder...resulting in no bend whatsoever in my front elbow. :dizzy: My next course of action is to adjust the string on the cams to 3 and 3 to shorten the draw length...on top of that, I may need something more...that's why I was looking at releases.

Anything has to be better than my 6 yr old cobra jaw-type release. Trigger is heavy and loud and sometimes difficult to lock onto the string loop with gloves and cold fingers.

Good input fellas keep it comin!

ben

·
Registered
16,457 Posts
For what its worth, I've heard nothing but good things about the Short N Sweet. However, if the Lil Goose interests you, it is adjustable to many positions. With the shortest being waaaaayyyyy to short for me.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I have the Titan Pro. here is a link to it at Cabelas.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...at20069&parentType=index&indexId=cat20069&rid=

I am extremely impressed with the trigger and overall quality of it. The buckle hands down is better in any brand than the velcro for when it's extremely quiet in the woods.

I also hear good things on the Scott, but I've shot a few other brands and they didn't come close to matching the Tru Ball quality.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I use the s-n-s buckle release (not the s2 version). I like that I can adjust it so short I can touch the front of the string with my fingertips. It sits just past the front side of my palm. Gives the right feel for me - almost a finger pull with the advantages of a release. I just picked up my first good bow this spring to get ready to hunt this fall. So I am a very new archer, except for a little recurve shooting as a teen - nothing serious. That said I hit my first robin hood yesterday afternoon with my 82nd Airborne :SHOCKED:. The shot was only 17 yards so it wasn't a huge accomplishment, but it still felt pretty good - well except the $25 in arrows that now can't be shot again.

This is just the opinion of someone quite new to archery, but I like the release. You have to shoot what feels right to you, not anyone else.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I shoot a Scott Silverhorn but had read some good things about the s-n-s so when I saw one on clearance at Gander Mt I bought it........took it back a week later, nowhere near as nice as the Scott IMO.

Based on the advice of my cranky archery shop owner Jim at MJC;), I do want to try a Carter Quickie.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts