Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just want to let you all know what we experienced when we used the Reel sports fishing charters last weekend. We called them and asked what the price of the taxi service was and they said 50 bucks. We told them that we wanted to hire them to take us out fishing for the day. We told them we were coming from Michigan and we would be there at 7am. We were actually early so we called them and told them we were at the beach as they told us to meet there. After an hour of waiting we called them to tell them we were waiting for an hour and they apologized and said they would be there in 15 minutes. We said okay. After 30 minutes we called back and asked them why werent they there yet??? They said having problems we said we spent 100s f dollars on bait and equipment and gas to go to eerie for bad service. They again apologized. We had no choice but to wait and finally at 940 am we got a ride with someone else which was 65 bucks. We lost 3 hours of fishing and most of our bait had died waiting for those guys. While fishing we got ahold of the office and a lady told us she would fix the problem and give us a free trip or make sure we would get in safely that night. When it was time to come in we called them with the exact GPS coordinates and they said they didnt exist and they cant find us. After talking with all the locals we found out we chose the worst charter in the area and they were sorry for the bad time. DONT USE THEM IF YOU WANT TO FISH. We put the info on their facebook page amnd they blocked us. Shame on them. Instead of fixing it and telling everyone on their page they would fix it they blocked us.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
well - you could change your name to "gotchathatday":smile-mad

That sucks - thanks for the heads up to the rest of those who may have been interested.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Call the better business bureau and file a formal complaint. Post a bad review on their website or on google. Sew them in small claims court. Have all your friends do all these things as well.
Sucks, thats no way to treat customers!

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
Hey all, just want to let you all know what we experienced when we used the Reel sports fishing charters last weekend. We called them and asked what the price of the taxi service was and they said 50 bucks. We told them that we wanted to hire them to take us out fishing for the day. We told them we were coming from Michigan and we would be there at 7am. We were actually early so we called them and told them we were at the beach as they told us to meet there. After an hour of waiting we called them to tell them we were waiting for an hour and they apologized and said they would be there in 15 minutes. We said okay. After 30 minutes we called back and asked them why werent they there yet??? They said having problems we said we spent 100s f dollars on bait and equipment and gas to go to eerie for bad service. They again apologized. We had no choice but to wait and finally at 940 am we got a ride with someone else which was 65 bucks. We lost 3 hours of fishing and most of our bait had died waiting for those guys. While fishing we got ahold of the office and a lady told us she would fix the problem and give us a free trip or make sure we would get in safely that night. When it was time to come in we called them with the exact GPS coordinates and they said they didnt exist and they cant find us. After talking with all the locals we found out we chose the worst charter in the area and they were sorry for the bad time. DONT USE THEM IF YOU WANT TO FISH. We put the info on their facebook page amnd they blocked us. Shame on them. Instead of fixing it and telling everyone on their page they would fix it they blocked us.
I think u may have been fishing with a buddy of mine his name is rich and he told me the same story over the phone.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
didn't read anything nice there! ouch - sounds like quite the racket. Maybe I can start a guide service too - I don't even have a machine. Sublease one and drop em off like cordwood...guys like that ruin it for those that are busting their butts.....what a shame

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Bro, can you tell Rich to call me. I have a deal for this weekend coming up with a Much better company. I got some good info on a better company. It was my first time fishing with Rich. Good Dude. 5863544542
I think u may have been fishing with a buddy of mine his name is rich and he told me the same story over the phone.

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
Hey Bro, can you tell Rich to call me. I have a deal for this weekend coming up with a Much better company. I got some good info on a better company. It was my first time fishing with Rich. Good Dude. 5863544542
Will do, I grew up with rich he is a hell of a guy.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Well I can't say I'm really surprised by this. I was going to use them for a taxie service they said they where booked it was at first Ice and I was unsure about the ice so I didn't want to risk our quad on the early ice. I asked If I could just pay fifty bucks to follow them out on my four wheeler they said sure! next thing I know i have a pm on facebook saying there canceling everything that day due to white out conditions for that day then they show pics on their facebook page of the fish the guys caught that day. pretty shady in my opinion.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Grow up you have one bad experience you're going to run someone's business in the ground all of our fish are legit and we've never screwed anyone you should really grow up and be an adult dude

The above is a message I received from Reel Sports Fishing about how Im ruining their business. Her name is NIC Elizabeth. I guess she is related to the owner. pretty hot too. LOL

·
Registered
151 Posts
I was out there the same day as original poster with reel sports. It was a cluster to say the very least. 30 plus people between taxi and full guides. Maybe 7 fish. I moved all over as much as I could to find fish. All in all my experience was awful worn these guys. Won't be using them again. Sure am glad I just took the taxi.

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
I was out there the same day as original poster with reel sports. It was a cluster to say the very least. 30 plus people between taxi and full guides. Maybe 7 fish. I moved all over as much as I could to find fish. All in all my experience was awful worn these guys. Won't be using them again. Sure am glad I just took the taxi.
1500 bucks minimum... I really missed a bullet there - I was going to use them to go out, but something inside told me I don't want to be out on Erie depending on someone else - thank God for once my gut was right... Hooked up with someone else and did good for me :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts