Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to buy a new reel from the money i got from Christmas, and i need some help. I want a baitcaster whick will be good for both bass and pike, i will likely be throwing crankbaits(hot-n-tots, jointed shad raps, etc.) Any help would be appreciated.

Redneckman

·
Registered
12,984 Posts
redneckman said:
I am going to buy a new reel from the money i got from Christmas, and i need some help. I want a baitcaster whick will be good for both bass and pike, i will likely be throwing crankbaits(hot-n-tots, jointed shad raps, etc.) Any help would be appreciated.

Redneckman
Did you say you had $100 to spend? If so, you cannot go wrong with the Shimano Curado series. I bought one this summer and love it. Smooth, easy casting, comfortable. Best selling baitcaster ever made is what I'm told. I know several BASS fishermen who will own nothing but these reels because of their durability.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The curado is a little pricey for me at $199.00. I'm thinking $130 at the max.

·
Registered
12,984 Posts

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Take a look at Cabelas Prodigy baitcaster. GREAT reel for the money - smooth drag/easy to adjust/casts a mile, plus it has a flipping switch. I have two - they pull double duty, casting cranks for Smallies/vertcle jigging for Walleyes. IMHO, for $100 the best baitcaster for the money out there and that's coming from an old Ambassadeur Man ! Bob

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Quantam Accurist PT for a low prophile reel and a Abu Garcia C4 for a round reel. Not sure which style you prefer.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am looking for a low profile baitcaster. Im leaning towards the quantum accurist pt. How are these reels?

Redneckman

·
Registered
143 Posts
I purchased a Curado 200 Free Spin last summer and LOVE it. But Shimano discontinued that version of it. Unable to find them anywhere but ebay. So I just went and got the new Shimano Citica and it is real close to the curado and was only $120.. But if you can find yourself last years version of the curado get it. For the money you cant touch it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts