Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was really hoping to go fishing tomorrow, but this drizzle is making me nervous. I couldn't make it out today to see if the ice is safe. Do you guys think I should try it, or just stay home?

G

·
Can't catch a fish if the jig isn't in the water. I know gas is $$$ but what the heck go check it out. Chances are you aren't the first one on the ice or the only one if its safe. I know at least two others heading there today.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I've been seeing guys out there in the good (deep) spots for the last few days. I don't think the weather we're having will hurt anything. Still, be careful out there!

Sid

·
Registered
178 Posts
I just got back, Ice was 3.5 to 4 inches in front of the park. We caught a few perch one was 8 inches others were around 6 inches. I would check the ice as you go but it was safe where I was fishing. I saw about 15 people on the Lake spred out pretty well. I would hit it soon with this warm weather I don't know how much longer the ice will be solid.

Tom

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm glad I went.

I caught about 5 times more fish today than all previous fish caught by ice fishing. Iced about 25 really good sized perch and kept about 15. I had no worries about the ice. I have to say, I was disappointed that I never got a flag on the tip-ups. Next week...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts