Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove by Reeds Lake in GR today and it had just started to freeze again. Only skim ice about 50' out but at least it's a start. Hopefully at least the NW corner which always seems to safely freeze first will be ready within a week or so. The middle always seems to take a lot longer, but it doesn't seem like we'll be getting any warmer weather any time soon so here's hoping!!
Take care and be safe...Sid

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Check it out again today and it's almost completely covered. Shouldn't be too long at this rate!

·
Registered
163 Posts
how do you do on reeds?i have never wet a line there.i need a place to go in gr. both my truck and my car are P.O.S and they can make it way up north:mad: it's crazy i lived in gr all my life and don't know were to fish close

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reeds is a great lake for specks. I don't really fish the pike, but a lot of guys do so I imagine it's pretty good for them too. I rarely see any slabs out of there, but if you get into them there's enough 7-9" fish to keep you well fed!
Good luck...Sid

·
Super Moderator
10,562 Posts
Thanks for the update, it looks like we might be fishing next week. I plan to give it a try this year.

·
Registered
308 Posts
yeah, Reeds is one of my favorites for crappie also, set me know when you are going maybe we can hook up sometime.
should be soon!:D

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll keep you guys updated. I only live a couple minutes away.

Flyguy....Sounds good, I'll shoot you a PM when things are up and running.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have not ice fished reeds but have boat fished it. I think the areas where i fished in front of the launch should be good. We are fishing some little ponds out by zeeland tommorow morning. Hope to see you guys on reed in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have done well for specs also the last few years. If you go let me know too. I live on the NE end of GR and looking to fish a few week nights over there.
Thanks Wayne

1 - 9 of 9 Posts