Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
The closest is Rylees Ace Hdwe on Michigan and Fuller. (616)451-0724 They have waxies and spikes I think, but don't have minnows. Nice selection of tackle, but a little pricey too. My best suggestion, although not really close, is Brenners on West River Drive in Comstock Park. Full on bait and tackle shop. If they don't have it, you don't need it! (616)785-3388. Johnny's on W. Fulton is an option too, and a little closer, but I haven't been there in a while. (616)458-0922.

Good luck!...Sid

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Bigsid is right - no bait shop's very close to Reed's Lake, so you'll have to get bait before you go there.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hey bigsid,
I see I'm not the only Brenners fanatic out there. If I want any sort of gear, I go to them first, just to give them business. It's not too often you find people out there as honest and genuine as them (he even let me use his tools to fix my car once!).
-SS

·
Registered
187 Posts
I found Al and Bob's to be the best for minnows. They put minnows in a clear plastic bag, oxiginate the water, and the minnows can live up to 4-5 days in that bag. They usually have a great supply of live bait.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts