·
Registered
10,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any opinions on them?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
The Redfield Revolution scopes are made in the USA in the same factory as Leopold and are backed by a similar warranty. I have a 3-9x40 Revolution and I love it, great scope for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have heard nothing but good reviews on the Redfield scopes. The owner of my local sporting goods loves them. Tries to get me to buy one everyone I am in the market for a scope.

Sent from my C771 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I've still got the original Redfield Tube 3 x 9 that was on my father's Remington 700 .30-06.

I had to have it re-purged with nitrogen and re-sealed by an outfit in Denver after it acquired a faint moisture leak, but it's been a helluva scope for its age.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
I've used more than several Redfield scope models over the last 35+ years from their fixed 4x to 4x-12x and all in-between. Have NEVER had a problem with Redfield, good stuff.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I put one one my t.c. impact a couple years back. It has preformed flawlessly and I wouldn't hesitate purchasing another.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
10,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies.I will probly be in the market for a new scope this year.I have an old Redfeild on my .22 that I bought used about twenty years ago that has always worked great.I think it may have been twenty years old when I bought it.:lol:

·
Registered
10,815 Posts
I am considering a revolution in 4x12 for the muzzy... Gonna look hard at Vortex as well.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I am considering a revolution in 4x12 for the muzzy... Gonna look hard at Vortex as well.
At the time I bought my Redfield Votrex was the only other scope in its price range that compared. They make a great scope as well but Redfield's warranty and being made in the USA won me over.

·
Premium Member
17,583 Posts
At the time I bought my Redfield Votrex was the only other scope in its price range that compared. They make a great scope as well but Redfield's warranty and being made in the USA won me over.

Vortex customer service and warranty is right there with Leupold and Redfield. They will repair or replace no questions asked. The few folks I've talked to that have used their CS, have been very impressed. Really the only two companies I will do business with in the optics world right now are Leupold (Redfield) and Vortex The Vortex products are made over seas but the company is American fwiw. Leupold outsources a lot of their parts (to be expected) but they are assembled here.

I don't think you can go wrong at the price point with the Redfields. I don't own one but I've looked at them and I do own a Redfield rangefinder that has been flawless.

·
Registered
10,815 Posts
Vortex customer service and warranty is right there with Leupold and Redfield. They will repair or replace no questions asked. The few folks I've talked to that have used their CS, have been very impressed. Really the only two companies I will do business with in the optics world right now are Leupold (Redfield) and Vortex The Vortex products are made over seas but the company is American fwiw. Leupold outsources a lot of their parts (to be expected) but they are assembled here.

I don't think you can go wrong at the price point with the Redfields. I don't own one but I've looked at them and I do own a Redfield rangefinder that has been flawless.
Thats what I have heard from alot of folks as well as the optical quality is great for the money paid.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts

Great, thanks for that info. Vortex will be another option for me in the future.

·
Registered
10,887 Posts
I have 6-7 different Redfield scopes that I've owned for 25 years, or longer. Few years ago I had one that fogged, sent it in to an address I found and they sent it back repaired, no charge, no problem since.

I haven't bought one of their new scopes, but Redfield over the years has been a great name in scopes, other than a glitch here and there.

·
Registered
8,135 Posts
I have a 3 x 9 Redfield on my 30-06 and I'm very happy with it. Sighted it in 10 years ago and its still dead on.

·
Registered
379 Posts
35 years ago I had a Redfield Widefield 3-9 X 50 on my Rem 30-06 Mountain Rifle. At the time it was the top of the line Redfield. That scope was the best optically of any scope I have ever owned. Redfield has been as still is a very high-end scope.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I have a Redfield on my Rem 742 30-06 that has to be over 30 years old and I don't recall ever having the zero change in all those years. I checked it this year and it was dead on, always a very clear scope. I also have newer Revolution 3x9 that is as clear as the 2x7 Leupold that's on my Rem 700. I like the Redfield's

·
Registered
11 Posts
I mounted a Redfield Revolution 3-9x40 to a new Ruger American in .270, using Leupold PRW rings. Took 7 shots to zero at 100yards, the last 3 were all in one ragged hole 1/4" high. Took 2 more shots, got 2 dead deer. Never a hint of fog on the scope, great low light performance. Absolutely couldn't be happier with this $550 rifle combo. Also have to mention I have been very happy with all 3 Vortex products I have, this was my first but not last Redfield product. I basically saw the Revolution and Diamondback as interchangeable products while I was shopping, but chose the Revolution because it was $10 cheaper and USA assembled.

·
Registered
10,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What base and rings should I go with?I was looking the other day when I was in the Saginaw Cabela's.Alot of choices out there.:dizzy:

·
Registered
746 Posts
Hi Junkman.

Have you checked out the Redfield Battlezone Tac.22? I wish I would have seen your post last year or I would have responded earlier. I ordered one (just got it in the mail) from Optics Planet for about $155 which is a decent deal in itself. I had a 12% coupon code to apply to that plus Redfield was running a $45 mail-in rebate on top of that.! I probably got the scope for about 40-50%% off of what most places are charging for it. Unfortunatly the rebate was for purchases made by Dec 31, 2013.

I have a Savage Mark II bolt action .22LR that this scope will be mounted to. I had a Mueller 3x9-40 APV on it and the scope was just fine. What I learned however was two things. One is I probably should have originally bought a .22 mag or a .17 HMR. I have a lot of bunny shots around 80+ yards and the old .22LR falls off considerably in that distance. What attracted me to the Tac.22 is the calibrated turret. You sight it in at zero at 50 and it's then calibrated for a 36 grain bullet so you can range your target, dial in the distance and heat the crockpot. BTW - if you interested in an essentially new Mueller I have a perfect one for sale along with rings. Fine scope but the Tac.22 should serve my needs better.

I'm mounting the Tac.22 with Warne Maxima rings but am waiting on my bases. I'll let you know what I think of the scope once it's mounted and I get to play with it.

Thanks for the replies.I will probly be in the market for a new scope this year.I have an old Redfeild on my .22 that I bought used about twenty years ago that has always worked great.I think it may have been twenty years old when I bought it.:lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts