Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=256386&lid=sublink01&lpos=headlines_nhl

The Detroit Red Wings placed forward Darren McCarty on waivers on Tuesday.
McCarty, 36, signed a one-year contract with the Wings in the offseason after re-joining the club last winter and helping lead the team to its fourth Stanley Cup in 11 years.
He returned to Detroit after stints with the American Hockey League's Grand Rapids Griffins and the International Hockey League's Flint Generals.
McCarty played for Detroit from 1993 to 2004, helping the team win Stanley Cups in 1997, 1998 and 2002. He scored one goal in 10 games this season.

my bet is he goes unclaimed and is sent down to g.r. hopefully this is a move to bring up one of our young forwards. hopefully leino so he doesnt go back to sweden...

thanks for the memories dmac, but you were never the same once you got off the bottle...

·
Registered
20,121 Posts
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=256386&lid=sublink01&lpos=headlines_nhl

The Detroit Red Wings placed forward Darren McCarty on waivers on Tuesday.
McCarty, 36, signed a one-year contract with the Wings in the offseason after re-joining the club last winter and helping lead the team to its fourth Stanley Cup in 11 years.
He returned to Detroit after stints with the American Hockey League's Grand Rapids Griffins and the International Hockey League's Flint Generals.
McCarty played for Detroit from 1993 to 2004, helping the team win Stanley Cups in 1997, 1998 and 2002. He scored one goal in 10 games this season.

my bet is he goes unclaimed and is sent down to g.r. hopefully this is a move to bring up one of our young forwards. hopefully leino so he doesnt go back to sweden...

thanks for the memories dmac, but you were never the same once you got off the bottle...
This was the, at least second time they waived him,,, noone claims him.:(

On a side-note though. Uhhhhhh, what's the deal with Lilja?? Everyone always bitches about how bad he is,,,, after last night I guess they have good reason...:( ouch. I watched about 20 total minutes of the game last night and he was TERRIBLE,,, bad passes, missed checks,, he looks lost out there..

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
This was the, at least second time they waived him,,, noone claims him.:(

On a side-note though. Uhhhhhh, what's the deal with Lilja?? Everyone always bitches about how bad he is,,,, after last night I guess they have good reason...:( ouch. I watched about 20 total minutes of the game last night and he was TERRIBLE,,, bad passes, missed checks,, he looks lost out there..
yeah well he had a 5 point game streak going:lol::yikes::lol: yes i said lilija and point streak in the same sentence... he had a realy strong game monday and the game before that as well... i guess he had the flu or something and now he must be better because hes back to the same old bs d man... id still take him over lebda though:hide::banghead3

1 - 3 of 3 Posts