Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

Just curious if takedown recurve limbs are interchangeable. I ask because one of the limbs on my PSE Impala cracked and I can't find exact replacements online. Perhaps someone has experience with this sort of thing. For example, are the bolts that hold the Limbs to the Riser the same across most brands? I know, a new bow might just be easier and cost about the same as limbs, but I hate to toss an otherwise good riser for no reason.

Thanks.
HungryHunter

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I don’t think so. There are a couple common systems (ILF and DAS) that a ton of limbs are available for, and you can convert ILF to DAS with a simple bushing change but I don’t think proprietary stuff like PSE accepts much other than PSE limbs. And only for that specific model. I could be wrong.

I’m shooting a DAS hunting riser right now with 40 & 50# limbs, including ILF limbs that were converted to DAS. I highly recommend getting a DAS or ILF setup if ya decide to try something new. Even the “entry level” stuff is very high performance.

·
Registered
9,185 Posts
not all interchange, which is why the ilf system is so popular any ilf limb can be used on any ilf riser. i'm not familiar with the pse impala, if it has a wood riser it might be able to use samick limbs. a lot of those types can.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts