Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious what magazines, newsletters, and other publications dedicated to Michigan hunting and fishing that sportsmen and women read here in MI?

I have gotten different magazines at different times, but gradually got tired of all the articles dedicated to exotic African safaris, chasing peacock bass in Chile, and the reviews on the most recent $3000 wonder gun. My dad is/was subscribed to Michigan Game & Fish magazine, but they have just switch to be "Game & Fish - Midwest". This isn't as bad as what I've seen in other magazines, since articles related to something in OH or IN probably applies here, but even Game & Fish - Midwest had an article about moose hunting in Alaska recently.

So I'm just curious what other publications members here turn to for Michigan hunting and fishing!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,189 Posts

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
I don't know why, but I buy Woods N Water occasionally.

Honestly, the Michigan publications are getting old. Seems to be rehashed information and stories with the same stuff year after year for each month.

Outdoor News is the best if I pick one up.

·
Premium Member
6,297 Posts
I buy Woods and Water maybe twice a year. I enjoy the articles in Jan-Feb that highlight our states big bucks that were taken the season prior. Other than that, I find most of their stuff is simply redundant information printed dozens of times before - how many times do we have to read about "Michigan's top walleye waters" when they are the same every single year. Moreover, I find that pieces they purchased from Mark Martin, Mark Romanack, Gary Parsons etc to be nothing more than advertisements for their product sponsors. Mark Martin's articles are the absolute worst...."Before even letting out a line from within the gunwales of my Lund Pro-V, I’ll watch the screen of my Lowrance sonar...."

Honestly, if I want current and genuine information on MI hunting and fishing topics, I'm coming to MS.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts