Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for a trainer / facility near royal oak for my wife and i to get cpl training.
I know target sports does it.

Looking for your experiences

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Ultimate Protection / Private Lessons- 586-286-SAFE. Mary and Alan have been doing this for years. I do the archery portion for many of their hunter safety programs. Good people. http://www.ccwtraining.com

·
Registered
9,759 Posts
I highly recommend Jim Binder and SAS at Double Action.
he's a co-worker's of mine father and i have heard from multiple, multiple people that his class is fantastic. in fact, that will be where i take mine when i figure out my work schedule.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Did mine at target sports. Nothing groundbreaking but if youre already knowledgeable of handguns and are looking for something close to home this will do.

The question and answer session gets entertaining at the very least. "If i come outside and someone is stealing my alternator,can i shoot them?" Says the woman who later couldnt hit a silohuette target (anywhere on the paper) from 7yards with her lady smith and wesson.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
408 Posts
Did mine out at bass pro shop. It was nice to have a big class room and nice range, and the food court for lunch all under one roof. Just bring ammo with you or your gonna get rapped!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Call Ron at Parker tactical resources. Classes are usually under 10 people so you will have a lot of one on one time with the instructor. Ron is a former Navy man with years of experience in pistol training and also is the former director of a large armed security firm in the Detroit area.
Here is the phone number:
1 (248) 396-8813

Tell him Brian B. sent you.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

1 - 9 of 9 Posts