Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody using rechargeable batteries in their Cuddeback cameras, mine seems to just eat up batteries. Even in the warm weather I'm not getting real good battery life. I've used copper tops, everyready industrial, cheap ones, and just about everything in between. The coppertops had the longest life, but still nothing like the time I'm reading about on this forum. As long as I'm here I'll add this. My computer doesn't recognize the camera when I plug it in, I have to jiggle the cord around until it makes good contact. I've changed cords, turned it on before and after plugging in the cord, it just takes time to hook up. Anyone else have this problem with a cuddeback. Thanks

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
rechargeable batteries,,I have not had much luck with any of them when they are new they seem to hold a charge pretty good seems the older they are the worse they get ..maybe I am doing some thing wrong ..I have not tried any of the new ones out this year they may be better..

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
What about one of those solar chargers? Mount one right near the camera to keep the battery charged up!

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
That's using copper tops batts. In the cold weather maybe 2 mouths use. Something might be wrong with yours. Call there service # and ask them. How many pictures are you getting per Batts life? One of those solar chargers with rechargeable batteries might be the way to go. I just got me some rechargeable batteries (d) to try and might get a solar charger to try myself.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
slowpoke said:
That's using copper tops batts. In the cold weather maybe 2 mouths use. Something might be wrong with yours. Call there service # and ask them. How many pictures are you getting per Batts life? One of those solar chargers with rechargeable batteries might be the way to go. I just got me some rechargeable batteries (d) to try and might get a solar charger to try myself.
I've had some everyready industrial's in the camera, and it's taken 50 or 60 pics in the last few nights, and 4 videos,and the battery status hasn't changed from 2. Temps have been in the 20's so I guess that isn't too bad. I'll leave it out until the batteries die.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I use rechargable D cells in one of my cuddeback cameras. The NiMH work good but only produce 1.2v dc. This is fine but the camera shows only 2 out 4 on the battery health when freshly installed. But they seem to last. Only have had them in for a couple of weeks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts