Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an older Garmin GPS, one that I had for almost ten years. It did not allow me to downlaod waypoints on to my computer, (at least I was unaware of the capability) and so I never saved these waypoints. I had over 200 waypoints. HAD being the keyword. I had been putting off buying a new unit. On the pheasant opener I was at a new property hunting and wanted to record a waypoint. I placed the unit on the hood of my vehicle and while waiting to acquire satellites I was loading my gun, etc. into the back of the vehicle. Apparently I had a brainfart and when finished with putting everything back in the truck I drove off. With the unit still on the hood of the truck. It wasn't until I had driven a few miles until I realized what I had done. I stopped and the unit was gone. Drove back along the route hoping I would see it along the road but with no luck. I did search for an hour or so in the ditch but of course came up empty. So I am now looking for a new unit. I just need a no-frills unit. Any suggestions? I'm looking at the cheaper Garmin eTrek.

·
Registered
424 Posts
from what i know its a small screen but ok for hunting ,there is a outdoor life mag and it has a weekly news letter free online and they did a product review but i dont know the link outdoorlife.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts