Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
:cwm27: I love the part about the second truck going out to rescue the first! I'm telling ya, you just cant make this stuff up!

The only part missing from the story is a comment about if anyone thought alcohol was involved? :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
:cwm27: I love the part about the second truck going out to rescue the first! I'm telling ya, you just cant make this stuff up!

The only part missing from the story is a comment about if anyone thought alcohol was involved? :lol: :lol: :lol:
A couple teens - nephew and friend of a stoney pointe resident I know :dizzy::dizzy: and they should know better as they ice fish the bay!! took a tractor to come pull em out I guess. At least we know brest bay isn't ready for a little while!!

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
They were just mudding like they have done before when the water was out. They just got stuck and before they could get pulled out the water came back in. This made it look like they went through the ice and the media hores went to town with it like they always do and made it look like something it wasn't.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
On the radio They interviewed the guys friend who helped and he said it was inches of water.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
On the radio They interviewed the guys friend who helped and he said it was inches of water.
Talked to the uncle of one of the teenagers last night......a total mess but blown way out of proportion. they are locals in stony point and do this regularly throughout the year - they know the bay and were heading back in when the black one got stuck. the other one was already thru and went back to help. due to the shifting winds - water came back into the bay quicker than they expected and created issues - obviously. a total of 10 trucks got stuck in the mud on or close to shore trying to get them out he said. quite comical to say the least......I just asked that they keep off the ice so we can get out there and do what we all want to do - land some of them "eyes" :evilsmile

1 - 20 of 20 Posts