Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about walking out from the point mouillee boat launch to rat island and fishing between the there and the island to the left. has anyone ever ice fished there and do you think its safe. I walked about 1/2 way yesterday and everything seemed ok.

·
Registered
21 Posts
2 saturdays ago i drove from the boat launch across to the dyke and almost to the hole of the banana dyke. But we've had some warm weather and the huron dumps out through that channel im sure its fine.

·
Premium Member
6,374 Posts
The river channel looked open about 3/4 way to boat launch from Jefferson a cpl days ago. I don't think I'd chance it until a few days of this next cold front. But that's me if you go bring a spud , rope and life jacket. There is current from the det rvr and Huron rvr pushing into there lots of ice fluctuations it can go from 8" - 2" in a step be very careful

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for the advise. Does anyone think if there is safe ice between the 2 islands fish would be there?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Iv done alot of carp shooting around there between those islands isnt that deep. Theres some nice rocks and a sand bar That sticks off east side. Might be a bust.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
never made it out sunday too much snow. I still want to get out there and try it my goal was t0 walk out to where the water is 6-8' deep.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
never made it out sunday too much snow. I still want to get out there and try it my goal was t0 walk out to where the water is 6-8' deep.
I have never done good anywhere in there but have always wanted to get out deeper in the 11-15' area where it meets the lake.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts