Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PLEASE ADVISE !!!

I've been hand lining for 3 years with traditional rapala floaters (9,11,13). Is there a difference between these and the husky jerks - besides the size of the body. I've hesitated to buy the huskys but notice there are many mor color available in the huskys. What are the drawbacks ?? You would think RAPALA would offer the same colors in all models but they don't.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I'm not a hand liner, but I know the basic process. Husky Jerks are neutrally bouyant. Where ever you put them, they will stay, not floating up or down.

If I were hand lining, and using a floater, the lure would float up off the bottom after every pull. If I were using a Husky Jerk, the lure would stay where it stopped after the last pull of the line, and would probably end up hooking bottom after only a few pulls.

I'm sure some one here has a little more experience, but that is my theory on it.

The only way I could REALLY know for sure, is to go out with some one who hand lines, and have them teach me, then I could answer this with some experience;)

Captain Jay

·
Registered
720 Posts
Pulling the wire around a 45 degree angle to the water, the floaters run perfect. 1-2 feet off the bottom. Using 15/30 drops.
Huskys snagged up for me, running off the lower end of the shank.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Always use floaters when handlining. They run true and on turns the inside guy slows and the outside guy speeds up and the lures will rise or dive. From my experience I catch more fish while turning than I do while running straight.
Good to talk to you on the river yesterday.
Later,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts