Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my trapping partner out today to get a line set. School, work, and sickness kept us from it until today.

What else to do on a cold windy day? Set traps in the water.

After setting some rat traps we found this little back water with some mink sign so I made a set we will see.

When your eight and setting traps exploring is part of the process. Hell when your grown and setting traps its part of it :D
The blind had been taken over by the muskrats so two traps were set here. I have high hopes. My son is getting much better and able to do a lot of the sets himself now.

Back at the launch after a very fun day that we had planned for over a week. I will try and get picks of the checks.

Father and son time damn I look tired :lol:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I can't waight for my 2 1/2 year old to get a little older so we can share this great sport we call trapping. Keep it alive brother!!!

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
that is too cool! memories for the rest of his and your life. i still remember my grandpa taking me with him when i was 8. and him wrestling a muskrat in the middle of the road and he was getting his butt kicked by that rat!!!:lol: i was laughing so hard i think i pee'd my pants. he finally won, but it was close for a while. those are the best memories i had of my grandpa. trapping with me. keep us posted. enjoy every moment with him.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I meant to take more pictures but it was really cold and kinda wet out so the camera stayed in the case to much.

North Wind,
Thats a Devin Black Brant III design with a few mods like more curve to the deck. I built her last year in the summer. Wood with epoxy over it i like it safer then most 14' boats in nasty weather and still can get around shallow waters.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Took the whole family out today with us to check the line.

November 15th should I have been doing something else? :lol:

It worked out really well for Michael 3 rats and that many misses as well. Not bad for having 12 traps out. We added a beaver set two otter and a mink set.

In addition Madi made her first muskrat set. Cant wait to check that one with her.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Some of my best memories is of growing up in the U.P. mid to late 60's. People don't hardly believe some of my stories behind the Photo's. Take lots of Pic's. You will never regret it. Still travel the McFarland country some every year.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Way too cool!! Not many kids know that kind of fun. Nice looking family you have. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Awesome Pics...Man I miss the U.P....But I might be getting a job up in Ironwood so kep your fingers crossed for me!!!

·
Super Moderator
3,102 Posts
Brandon,

You are building treasured memories!

Families that trap together stay together.

Congratulations to your son and Good Luck to your daughter!

Can't wait to see the photos.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts