Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just started fishing for rainbow trout in Mullett Lake. I was doing ok earlier this month just running spoons off downriggers. The past 2 weekends I've been skunked and am hardly marking any fish. My neighbor says they've already started running in the rivers. It seems kind of early for that. The surface temp is still in the 70's. Any ideas about what's going on? Supposedly there are browns in Mullett too. What kind of tactics would I use to target them? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I have just started fishing for rainbow trout in Mullett Lake. I was doing ok earlier this month just running spoons off downriggers. The past 2 weekends I've been skunked and am hardly marking any fish. My neighbor says they've already started running in the rivers. It seems kind of early for that. The surface temp is still in the 70's. Any ideas about what's going on? Supposedly there are browns in Mullett too. What kind of tactics would I use to target them? Thanks for your help.
Never targeted trout there. Used to in Crystal Lake on Benzie County; but it's been a while; for us it was always about finding what the forage was doing. There it was mostly smelt, and emeralds.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
A diehard handliner that I know handlined Mullet lake with spoons that he would use for walleye in the Detroit river. He did decent on the browns and rainbows in that lake. I don't know where he got them or how far down he fished.

·
Registered
7,419 Posts
A diehard handliner that I know handlined Mullet lake with spoons that he would use for walleye in the Detroit river. He did decent on the browns and rainbows in that lake. I don't know where he got them or how far down he fished.
I caught a nice 31 inch brown on Burt Lake off from a planer board and rapala in May.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts