Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas, I was wondering if anyone around Johannesburg can let me know how much rain has been around this past week?? I put my plots in Memorial weekend and won't be able to get back up for a few weeks! I watch the weather on the net but you really can't trust it!

Also this would be a good thread to keep going for all those who are wondering if their plots got any rain! If you get a good soaker, just post your area and how much rain, that way we all know for sure instead of wondering!

Thanks

Joe b!

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
We have been having some serious droughts in Jo-Burg. In the past few weeks all the rain has split up and either gone under or above us. Last night was the frist rain but it wasnt much and again went under and over us. My pond has already dropped at least 2 feet. According to the radar, we are in for some good rain today, hopefully.

On the below link, Jo-burg in located right under the "L" in the wrod Gaylord if you want to keep an eye on it.

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=apx&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=no

CB

·
Registered
35,821 Posts
You can use the left menu under rainfall, it gives you the storm total or the one hour rain total. I find it useful to keep an eye on what's going on at camp.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks fellas! it looks like Jo-Burg is get wet today! I hope so. I put my food plots in last weekend, they need rain and so do the 400 trees I put in this spring! Please rain!!!

Thanks for the Link! I'll add it to the others I stare at when rain clouds are in the area!:eek:ne_eye: :D

Joe b!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya know I look at 4 different links for rainfall. They all say something different!!!!!!

Hey Codybear, how did Jo-Burg do today?? It "looks" like we got at least an inch?? I hope so!

Joe b!

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Your in luck, its been raining here for almost 24 hours straight now and still coming down. I think I can actually hear my BW growing, lol

Seriously though, my BW has really grown in just the past 24 hours.

CB

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
THANKS CB, this makes my day big time! The net is nice but when someone says we got rain I know for sure we got rain!!

Ya know I think I can hear my RR Soybeans growing from here!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
8,116 Posts
Luv2...hope you got some of that rain! It had been 19 days of only a 1/4" of rain but then we had an 1/8th on Sat., and 1 3/8th on Monday (a little from Sunday afternoon). My buckwheat and soys were germinating as of yesterday and I'm just praying for no frost tonight or tomorrow...going to be cutting it close it was in the high 30s last night and it looks like a clear start for tonight.

·
Registered
8,116 Posts
35 in the am...no frost! Boy, it was cold mowing the lawn last night, was already 42 by the time I stopped, but it sure kept the skeeters away.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Frost has me worried a bit as well! At first it was no rain, we got the rain, now its the frost! I sure do hope my plots make it thru, better yet I hope there was no frost on the ground in Jo-Burg! Its almost as if you can't put anything in the ground until the middle of June????:confused:

It sure is nice to mow the lawn when its a little on the "cold" side!:D

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
My BW survived again with no apparent frost bite. Hopefully, that was the last frost warning until fall but then again, up here, ya never know. We are also expecting storms and rain again tonight and suppose to be heavy at times.

CB

1 - 13 of 13 Posts