Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has used these with pos./neg. results. I can't get any fixed blade to fly, so thinking of stickin with the Rage on my elk trip.

·
Banned
2,125 Posts
you cant get any fixed blade to fly?not being a prick or nothing,but it sounds like you have bow/arrow combo problems.something aint right.im about 310fps.slick trick 125s fly great for me.you should be able to shoot fixed heads.mechs are in my opinion,a crutch for proper tunning.ive never bowhunted elk but have gun hunted them.i would shoot a fixed blade for elk.youll get guys that will tell you that mechs are fine.im sure they work.i wouldnt take the chance.tune it right and shoot fixed heads.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
My bow wouldn't shoot fixed blades anywhere close to my field tips however after a good tune by a good shop that will change unless you have a tendency to flinch really bad upon releasing your arrow.

Here is a post my brother just made a few days ago asking the same question you are. Hope this helps.
http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=246676

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
i am shooting about 290 - 300fps and have absolutely no problems with my Muzzy 100 grain MX-3's flying like darts out of my bow.

i just changed to the MX-3's this season and i was using Muzzy 125 3-blade and had to adjust my sights when i switched from shooting field points to my broadheads.

with the MX-3's, i didn't have to change my sights at all.....i shot 6 field tipped arrows and 6 broadheads and got the same grouping from 15, 20, 25 and 30 yards. i haven't shot the broadheads from past 30 yards, because that is my maximum shot that i would attempt in the field.

i agree with the previous post.....mechanicals are another moving accessory that can fail. what if the blades do not deploy correctly, and an animal is wounded and not recovered?

now, with all that said, alot of the shows on T.V. have hunters shooting Rage slip-cam broadheads for elk, moose, bear, turkey and deer. i have seen some bad hits with the animals recovered.

i know alot of it is marketing and/or sponsorship, but i don't think the "stars" on these shows would use questionable archery equipment on National T.V. if they didn't believe in the product.

just my .02......:fish:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts