Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be in the area over Christmas for 3 days. Just throwing out a word if anyone knows a good place for rabbits and/or wants to go out for some. We are staying 4 miles east of M66 and US10, Lake Station area. I have one expeienced dog and one youngster that will need some exercise.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
What days are you going to be up there? I'll be up the 21st and 22nd, maybe the 23rd? I have a few areas that should be great for rabbits. If you are going to be up then, let me know.

·
Registered
26,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I should've clarified the dates. I'll be up there around dark on the 23rd. I can hunt all day the 24 morning or afternoon the 25 and morning of the 26th.

We don't have any small kinds around anymore so Christmas isn't a huge deal anymore. I will be back up there sometime in the winter too.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Alright, just let me know a week or so ahead of time when you head up in the winter. We had our property select cut last year and we have a rabbit or two in the brush piles that were left. ;)

·
Registered
817 Posts
Ah , The old 8 point lake area. Takes me back to my childhood when grandma in Evart thru us kids in the back seat of the old Chrysler new yorker and got some worms for us , Headed out to the cottage and turned us loose on the fish in the summertime.
Good Luck!!

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Hunted a little north of there (state land west of Harrison) about 15 years ago and really got into the snowshoes: Not sure if that's still the case there though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts