Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys know of some places to chase bunnies in the Lansing area? I've got a few buddies coming up on Saturday and want to show them a good time. If you have a "secret place" please PM me your "secret" is safe with me. Otherwise, i've checked out some state land in my map book, but it's hard to tell what places might hold rabbits without ever being there. I don't want to spend the day in the truck searching for places to hunt.
Any info would be great!!

Thanks,
Curt

·
Registered
6,521 Posts
I ran in to rabbits eveytime I pheasant hunted the state property out by the state police post (west of Lansing Eaton Co.). Due to construction you have to take the long way around to get there. I've only hunted the big grass fields next to the highway but I believe if you hunted the wood edges and some of the swamp area should due well. Good luck lets us know how you did.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Go to Rose Lake State Game Area! There are 1000s of acres. I don't rabbit hunt much, but if you go to the Center Road (Bath Twp near E.Lansing) access just south of Stoll road (potter lake) and hunt up north and west of the parking area...there are a lot of rabbits. Hunt the rows of pines/brush. It is good stuff. You WILL see rabbits.

Good luck.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Backstrap!! That's where I was planning on going. I just didn't know which access to go to. We'll be there at 8:30 on Saturday morning if anyone wants to join us. I'll be sure to post pics of the hunt. Thanks again!

·
Registered
874 Posts
You may want to try the flats off from U.S. 27 going towards Ithaca. There is state land all around that area off from Ranger Road. I was there a couple of weeks ago and had a great time running rabbits.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Yes, I was referring to the flooding area by Maple Rapids. I was raised in this area and we have always referred to it as the flats. Just make sure you go east off from 27 and not west. There is state land both ways but I have found the east side to be better hunting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts