Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We met up with Muskydan this morning to chase some rabbits around.

The rabbits were sitting tight this morning and didn't want to move!

It was a good spot he took us to though and we ended up shooting 6 rabbits.

As always, it was a lot of fun.

Thanks again to Dennis (property owner) and Dan for havning us out. We'll have to get together again soon.

Left to right - Me, (Danny, the dog ;)), Dan sitting, and Dennis.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I might sound like a broken record here, but I just wanted to say thanks to Dan and Dennis also. We had a real good time and look forward to getting together again. Maybe I will even shoot my gun next time. lol Nah thats the only way I can say I didnt miss!! lol

Matt

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Awesome Megan congrats to you and your dogs. Looks like another good hunt through crappy conditions for the most part. Way to go keep the pictures coming please.

Adam

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Good job, considering the weather conditions we had earlier today. Brian.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Very nice....

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Tecumseh said:
Looks like fun. I plan on getting out for rabbits one day before the season ends.
Hey Mike,
if you like to eat them, I love to shoot them, lets go... not a big fan of rabbit meat:sad:

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Megan,

I'm starting to think your showing favorites.

You do have more than one dog right. :lol:

Great picture.

I have the pics with me of danny I'll try to get them scanned and posted today.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LMAO - Yeah, what you don't see is that Jack is in the box! I tried to get him out to get his picture taken, but that damn dog will grab a rabbit so quick and he will NOT let go.... Danny's such a good boy, he minds really good. That's why he's always in the pics. But ok, I'll admit it, he's my favorite dog!

Here's excatly why Jack's in the box in that picture.......lol

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Great pics! What is that "GR" on the side of the dog? Did he have a little too much to drink the night before and his friends painted him up? :lol:

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HarleyP said:
Great pics! What is that "GR" on the side of the dog? Did he have a little too much to drink the night before and his friends painted him up? :lol:

The GR on Danny's side is a freeze brand. It stands for "Gun Runners" beagles. That's the name of Rob Mccoy's kennel and that's where we got Danny from.

·
Registered
218 Posts
you got that right rob! if you let him get in the box before the picture, you have to entice him out with food. lol once he knows that hes done at that spot he just wants in the box. but as soon as you pull into a new spot hes waiting at the door ready to go get after some more. lol smart dog

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Those are great pics Megan you really seem to be one helluva rabbit killer with those dogs of yours. It is obvious you really work a great deal with them and know your stuff keep the pics coming they are great and we don't get a lot of rabbit pics usually.

AW

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
timberdoodle528 said:
The GR on Danny's side is a freeze brand. It stands for "Gun Runners" beagles. That's the name of Rob Mccoy's kennel and that's where we got Danny from.
So is the GR permanetly there? I haven't heard of freeze branding before.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts