Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it was a great day in Elm Hall for MTB's annual membership hunt. The hunting started pretty fast at the first location with a few rabbits running about Mach 10 past the hunters. The lack of snow kinda hampered things as the rabbits were hard to see and running full bore ahead of the dogs as well as the arrows!
Things seemed to slow right down after the first location was vacated but it was fun none the less. I got to meet a couple of fellas from here on the forum, EDW and ORION. Two very nice guys!
Jack White from Riverdale took the only rabbit and went home with the trophies. All in all it was a great time with friends!:D

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Glad to hear we had a good turnout. While outside today a few times "Powering MI's Progress", I noticed that wind was pretty cold!

I think sometimes it's not how many rabbits and so on, it's a bunch of people getting together who share the same interests and values that makes it a good time.

Thanks 2-Big for taking care of everything today. Wish I could have been there.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Had a great time at the rabbit hunt. Nice job organizing it 2-Big! The weather was great with just enough snow to see the bunnies easier and just cold enough to firm up the ground. Great to talk to Don and Ashley, JimmyC, 2-Big, and everyone else.

Seemed like lots of guys were seeing bunnies and getting shots. I saw some pretty good beagle work. I think Elmer the young beagle was showing some real promise and no doubt learned a trick or three from some of the more seasoned dogs. He tried to beat a brush pile for me so he can't hunt with me anytime:)

I had a couple of chances but missed 'em both. Pretty sick feeling after you miss a bunny to see the dogs come buy still busting their butts on the trail 5 minutes after you missed their quarry from spitting distance!

·
Registered
828 Posts
What a blast! The guys from Pine River where very gracious to act as our "guides" and take 30 or so guys to their best rabbit spots along with bringing the beagles too. Quite a caravan of trucks it was. The beagles seemed to be having fun whether we got rabbits or not. Elmer seemed to be having fun and trying hard, he was a good looking dog, I really like that color with no black and the yellow. Who knew I could miss a rabbit at six feet:lol: (he was just under the speed of light though), and the other at 40 yards, but I had to shoot. Most guys (and gals) got a shot or two. It was nice to talk to guys about bows and traditional archery. Some of those sticks where VERY nice. I on the other hand like the Bear bows that where built in Grayling, yeah they are antiques, but I am going to harvest an animal with one someday and it will mean a lot. I am new to traditional archery and its a feeling of excitement, almost like I have never hunted before. Thanks again for a good time and maybe we will see you guys at the banquet.

·
Registered
8,596 Posts
Thanks for the nice words Jim. I was pleased to meet you. I too had a great time.
Looking at the "bright side" since I didn't get a shot I didn't have to search for stray arrows!! ;) :lol:
The last 8 or 9 years I pretty much gave up bowhunting but reading the threads on this forum got the fire going again. Hunted a lot this past season- thanks to all of you.
I went to 2 different traditional shoots last spring ( my first ones in years) and to Elm Hall today- each outing convinced me stickbow guys ( AND GALS) are the best.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thanks to Jim and Elaine for taking care of everything, and of course the great folks at Pine River. -So nice to meet new faces every year, too. What a great group of Archers. Thanks also to all those fellas who brought dogs. There was some great beagle work going on there. I think that silly little Elmer dog, even though he's still learning, kinda stole the show. Everybody enjoyed watching him try to learn from the the older experienced dogs, silly little antics...Too much fun!

·
Registered
68 Posts
[/URL][/IMG]

this is the picture of my son nathan foster. with his uncle bob. and of course ELMER the beagle.

nathan was the winner of the turkey shoot at grayling this last summer and you might have seen him working at compton's, we are members at the berrien county sportsmans club and we hope to see everybody there this year.

thanks for a fun time

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.