Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never put on a quiver. I always carried it seperate but this year i am thinking of buying a new one and connecting it.
what are some pros and cons, and what type of quiver should i get (shooting rage broadheads)
thanks

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I have always carried a quiver to my tree, but have never shot at a deer with my quiver attached to my bow. I have always had another mount attached to a branch within quick reach. The extra dollar or two has always paid off for me this way.

Joe

·
Registered
105 Posts
Pro's and con's, quiver on your bow my be the best as you have everything in one hand all togather, but i would take it off once you get in your stand, it's added weight, bulky, cut's down your line of sight when at full draw, get the picture.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I have always hunted with my quiver off, but I do carry my bow to my stand with the quiver on. I tend to practice a few times just in case I have to shoot with it on. It does add weight to your bow and probably will through your shot off a little but with practice you will be fine. It may also add a little noise to your bow.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I have always used a Kwikee Quiver. Attached for the walk in, off it comes when in the stand. I hang it on the tree I'm in. I have never liked the balance or feel of shooting with the quiver on the bow.

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
I have always used a Kwikee Quiver. Attached for the walk in, off it comes when in the stand. I hang it on the tree I'm in. I have never liked the balance or feel of shooting with the quiver on the bow.
I 2nd that..Love the tree mount for the Kwikee.
If I do shoot with my quiver on I am about 2" left.

·
Registered
267 Posts
i have a bolt on fuse two piece and leave it on year around does not bother me one bit and some of the newer quivers also quiet the vibration of your bow a little more

·
Super Moderator
4,958 Posts
I hunt with a 2 peice and it stays on.
I practice with it on and hunt with it on.

I prefer the extra weight.
I shoot steadier with a slightly heavier rig.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I normally shoot with it on so i hunt with it on, i think its really personal preference, or if you can shoot better groups one way or the other than stick with what works best

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I hunt with a 2 peice and it stays on.
I practice with it on and hunt with it on.

I prefer the extra weight.
I shoot steadier with a slightly heavier rig.
Yes. I like the added weight as well. I've always found a heavier bow to be more stable and easier to hold steady at full draw.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Quiver on while walking, off while hunting.
As far as the Rage heads go, don't get anything with foam, it will deploy the broadheads.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
I have cheap quivers, they only have to hold the arrows and not have broad heads sticking out for me to like them. When I get in my tree, or stand, I take it off and hang it on a branch nearby. When you buy, take an arrow out of the for sale bin and check to see that it is not to difficult to put in and out of the quiver, but not so simple it will fall out either.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
My begining years, the quiver was a pain in the butt to take off. So I just started practicing and hunting with it on. Years ago my ex bought me a new kwikee system, this one is smooth detatches easily.

I just dont shoot the same without it. It comes off when the bow goes in the case. Back on when I head for the field.

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
For Rages...no foam, just get one that has rubber holes for the tip of the broad head. Rage also recommends a two point arrow holder...just like it sounds...a quiver with a lower and upper arrow holder.

As far as on/off. If I'm in a stand it's off. I travel with it on and know where the arrows will fly with it on...just practice with on and off so you know where your arrows will impact, just incase you see bucky while walking in.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks for the replies, i just got the kwikee quiver since people that shoot rages like this quiver. haven't put it on the bow yet, but i like the reply about bungee cording it to the tree, i'll take all replies into consideration.

thanks again
good hunting and shoot straight

1 - 20 of 24 Posts