Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a 5-7 day quiet period in the NLP for dog hunters? Just curious didn't see anything in the game laws about NLP saw for the U.P. only possibly.

Thanks

·
Registered
36,344 Posts
Yes there is. It's 5 days; from 9/10 to 9/14. Then it will be the running of the hounds.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm talking Northern Lower and that would mean that it wasn't the 5 days prior to season. NLP Starts Sept 19th if I'm not mistaken

·
Registered
360 Posts
I don't believe there is a quiet period in the lower prior to the opening on the 19th. Most hound hunters don't run much if at all close to the opener because of the risk of getting a dog hurt just before the season starts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We looked through Bear guide and only saw mention of the UP nothing of LP. Just curioius.

Thanks

·
Registered
36,344 Posts
The only quiet period in the UP is the first 5 days of bear season, it's legal to hunt right up to opening day. Hound hunting in the UP is not allowed during those 5 days. The first day of the season is 9/10, the second season starts 9/15 and hounds are allowed.

Yes there is. It's 5 days; from 9/10 to 9/14
My first post contained a little humor it wasn't meant to confuse the issue; sorry. A few guys did catch it and PM'd me. I didn't want to see another hound bashing thread get started. We have to share the woods with others even if we disagree with their methods.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts