1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a fast walk in aftr work tonight.

Heres what the river looked like.

Heres what the fish looked like.

I didnt take time to pose this fish because I wanted to release it but it was alot bigger than it looks in the picture. It was a chrome hen with some real shoulders!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Sweet lookin chromer. What make of c-pin and rod is that if you don't mind me askin? I'm seriously debating saving up for a float rig. How do you like yours?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
plugger,

Congrats and nice fish.

Have you been to pentwater lake lately? Have'nt heard much going on over there.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Nice job Mike. Be carefull tomorrow, it looks like that area is going to have a major ice and snow storm. Kirk

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Thanks for making the steelhead itch even worse :)

Good job, and beautiful fish. How much shelf ice is their? I'm sure it varies from place to place, but just a general idea would be cool.

·
Premium Member
12,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The float reel in the picture is an islander and I realy enjoy fishing with it. I had my moments getting started with it but were getting along well now. As for shelf ice it varies from none in places I dont want to fish to too much where I do want to fish. In acuality shelf ice wasnt much of a problem, the depth of the snow was worse. I fished tonight with my 24 yr old and we covered some miles in the deep snow, hit our best holes and my son ended up with one. I never had a hit tonight but my legs are going to fall off. Some places you couldnt get down the bank where you wanted to fish. Some places we would travel in the river for a ways and then have to work to get back out because of the snow.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
That's what I like about this time of year. Peace and solitude. Not many people will venture out in this weather for a hit here and their, and maybe land a fish. I hear that the snow is pretty deep out that way :confused: Some friends of my in laws said something like 3ft or so, true?

Thanks for the heads up for shelf ice

·
Premium Member
12,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There was quite a bit of snow, enough to make walking a real challenge but this warm and rain is really taking the snow down today. I am afraid we are going to get enough runoff to shut the fishing down for a while, but who knows. The lower river is still iced up tight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts