Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never bowhunted this late in the season but plan to until Jan 1st. What are the rules if any about wearing orange through muzzleloader?

·
Premium Member
21,607 Posts
For the Dec. bowhunt you do not have to wear blaze orange during the smoke pole season.

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
We just went over this a few days ago on this forum. If you bowhunt, follow archery regs. If you firearm hunt, follow firearm regs. Not difficult. You can find any info you want in the HUNTING AND TRAPPING DIGEST where you buy your license. It's that little brochure that explains all the hunting regs. Ever see one of those? Or you can go to the MDNR website and find it all there. So to answer your question, you need not wear hunter orange in December when bowhunting during muzzleloader season. That goes for crossbows as well.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
you do not have to wear orange during muzzy season, BUT, if I am on public land I wear something orange out, and back and then it comes off by my stand, regardless of the law, like the old saying goes , I would rather be safe, then shot, by the way good luck If you can get out after the snow is down and then a freezing rain you can hear them a mile away!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Per the last post...i do the same wear orange and headlight in and out and it comes off once i get to my stand. And I hunt private property so I do this to guard against tresspassers.

ST8

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
In addition, as it cools down and my early season head gear is just not enough, I bought a knit type mask , camo outside, orange otherside

1 - 8 of 8 Posts