Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never trapped and am interested in trying it out, not this year but next. I was wondering if there was anyone in the Lansing area who might be interested in me tagging along to check their lines. It would have to be on a weekend because of the work sched., and I would prob. bring my little boy who is 5. He would love to see some of the animals up close, and I dont think he would be upset about killing the animals. (He has seen me deer hunting, and has seen us skin and butcher one.) I know of some areas I could trap next year in the Lansing area, but have no clue how to get started. Thanks for reading:help:

·
Registered
828 Posts
You're welcome to run my line with me next fall. I live about an hour and 15 min. from Lansing. If you want to drive up here to see how I run my line you are welcome to. Usually best in november when I am catching coons and muskrats. I am not a pro trapper, but I catch my share of animals and have fun doing it. It can be expensive to start out, so keep that in mind. The trappers convention is in August at Evart. You may wat to check that out. You are lucky to have a trapping supply store in your area, Carls in Bath. there may be some trappers clsoer to you that offer also. Right now trapping season is winding down for water trappers and coons. Maybe someone who is still trapping canines or beaver can help you out this year.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, thanks for the offer and the info Orion. I am up by Evart in the summer quite a bit, so mabey I can time it right and be there in August. The canines are what I would be most interested in, so if anyone around Lansing still has some sets out I would love to help them out some time. I know a person who used to trap (ex-girlfriends dad) who cant really do it anymore, and there is no one else that traps, so I may be able to get some older traps. I went out with him a couple times up north, but it was only for a weekend and we never got anything (trying for beaver and mink). If I get those traps do you think the people at Carl's would check them out for me? I guess it never hurts to ask :) Thanks again for the info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts