Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.michigan.gov/documents/05_bear_drawing_results_161311_7.pdf

See Newberry BMU 2nd period.

Why is it that every nonresident drew a bear tag when 6% of Michigan taxpayers with 2 PPs go tagless? Does it have something to do with applying as partners or is it something else?

I'm only asking because I have 2 points this year and do not want to go tagless while a nonresident with the same number of points may get to hunt. I'm just trying to up my odds of drawing. :)

·
Super Moderator
746 Posts
Bear drawing success rates vary by bear management unit and hunt date. An applicant with no preference points may be drawn for a hunt that is in low demand, while a unit in higher demand may require 5 or more points to draw a tag. From year to year, applicants may apply for any hunt they choose, and their total preference points will be considered in each drawing.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
:yeahthat:
CL-Lewiston said:
They pay quite a bit more than you dont they?? Jennifer needs all the help she can get.
You hit that right on the nail head......................

·
Registered
878 Posts
Come on give me a break! Its the way the draw is set up -- every one in a PP class has an equal chance of being drawn. Have you heard of statistical anomalies? - this is an example of one. For another example where it went the other way, look at the Carney BMU 2nd period data. Every resident with 1 [198 applicants]or more PPs drew a bear tag, while 100% of nonresidents with 1, 2 & 3 PPs went tagless.

Or, do you want a system that gives a preference to residents?

·
Banned
11,839 Posts
Thanks twodogsphil, others just want to make remarks that are not facts then they wonder why I close threads

1 - 8 of 8 Posts