Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed to Kansas for our first time and just looking for some tips and answeres to a few questions I have. Drew for 16&17. Is there a real possibility of having to pack deer out or is most of the public access areas accessible to vehicles? Also how are landowners down around that area about giving out permission to hunt there land? Is it worth the time spent asking? Any other tips or info is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Where i was at in 17 it was fairly accessible by road we hunted public and some WIHA spots. I think its always worth heading in a day or two early to ask permission. Shoot me a PM if you get a chance.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I hunt leased ground so don't know about getting permission.
That country is generally pretty dry / arid so getting around off road isn't too difficult, assuming it's legal where you are hunting. I always throw in a deer cart on travel hunts regardless. Better to have it and not need it, than .....

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Kansas is perhaps the dustiest state I've ever hunted. If you can, drag your deer out whole and field dress later. If you don't, the body cavity will be full of prairie dust. Alternatively, a buddy had the equivalent of a body bag from Cabelas - worked great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts