Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may sound like a stupid question (I would never do this but just wondering about legality) If you are hunting on the great lakes and someone has a dock that is anchored to the bottom of the lake could you legally hunt off of it? Would it be the same principal as a blind set up on the great lakes? Like I said I would never do this but I am just wondering if having a dock anchored to the bottom of the great lakes makes it community property as long as it is off shore, you are 450' from dwelling and you are not directly on their property?

·
Banned
11,839 Posts
This may sound like a stupid question (I would never do this but just wondering about legality) If you are hunting on the great lakes and someone has a dock that is anchored to the bottom of the lake could you legally hunt off of it? Would it be the same principal as a blind set up on the great lakes? Like I said I would never do this but I am just wondering if having a dock anchored to the bottom of the great lakes makes it community property as long as it is off shore, you are 450' from dwelling and you are not directly on their property?
No you can not. It is still the property of another, no different than if someone anchored their boat just off the beach that doesn't mean you can go sit in it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.