Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 28 gage o/u for my son, and I had it fitted with a youth stock. All was going great until the club that I shoot and hunt at went to an all steel policy for everything:waterfowl (of course), upland birds, and even the clays range.

The question for you guys is do you know if anyone makes a 28 gage SS?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
WOW is right. If Fiocchi doesn't make some I'm at a loss. Any chance for a youngster waiver? ......... Fiocchi doesn't........ Sorry about the additions but shoot a 28 SxS at times and was curious. There is a Bismuth (of all things) #7 on the market, $23.69/10 shells at ableammo.com Please don't yell so loud.............................................

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
You might want to try Federal I know they make a .410 ss, so they might make a 28 ss. either that or try a local loader or invest in a loader.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Hevi-shot has 28 guage loads, $25 per 10 shells though... Might be cheaper to drive to a new club...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the responses. You guys have confirmed what I suspected. QW, I did check with Federal -- no such luck. I think my cheapest option is to have a 20 gage I have fitted with a youth stock.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Yep, I would either start reloading or buy the 20 gauge, not a steel option in 28 that I know of. . . . .I have about 10 boxes left of Bismuth #5s in 28 gauge for duck hunting. . .but, I have a reloader for lead and still a few boxes of target when they were still $6 per box rather than $10-12.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts