Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for thoughts and recommendations on best pop up hub blind for 3-4 people.

For many years (8+) I used the Primos Blind Luck. Well, it finally broke and they have discontinued the product. This Spring I switched to the Summit Viper 3 man and I will say when the blind is popped up it is very nice with a lot of great features like quiet hinge door and silent window slides. What I will say it is a nightmare to collapse and take down in regards to the hubs folding in properly and getting it packed up. The Primos was super simple and I could do it by myself. This Summit blind, for the money, is absolutely terrible. I have already snapped one rod off the hub and a few more are delaminating already with a handful of uses. I have a friend that bought the same blind and he hates it too for this exact same take down reason. So maybe I go back to a Primos blind, Barronett, Muddy, Bog, Ameristep, Rhino? Thoughts and experience with any of these are appreciated?

·
Registered
8,818 Posts
Go with a Double Bull. 7 second set up, lots of room, 360° shooting options. Primos offers the traditional style(blacked out) and 360° View (one way see through wall panels).

I’ve got the Double Bull Dark Horse, it’s the Primos Double Bull “pack n go” blind or something like that now. I’ve had it for at least a dozen years now. No complaints. Have killed deer and turkeys out of it. Great blinds! I use the Game Hog pack for it. There may be better options these days for the pack.

IMG_1025.JPG

IMG_1856.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
8,818 Posts
The Xenek Ascend looks like a nice unit as well.

·
Registered
8,818 Posts

·
Registered
8,818 Posts
The Xenek Ascend looks like a nice unit as well.

Might hold the phone if considering the Xenek Ascend. This review #2 literally released 12 minutes ago

Reactions: roostman

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
I 2nd 3rd or 4th the double bull blind, I own two of them, if I’m by myself I just use my cheap dog house blind. Toss it over your shoulder and away you go.
Flight

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
I am a little. surprised by the reports on the see through ones, I was intrigued. mine would be used for turkey. I do like the window type that are like slits , that you can adjust the top and bottoom, over the big triangles ones

·
Registered
750 Posts
The window adjustments are what take the cake for me on the double bulls. I have a rhino, very similar but only the bottom is adjustable and the top is too high in most situations.
The see through blind makes no sense to me. I don't need to see the ground around me, I watch things at eye level through the open windows that I have adjusted and will be shooting out of.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Agree, I am leaning towards the DB Deluxe Go blind or the basic DB. The surroundview has terrible reviews of people getting soaked inside with any type of rain and a nightmare with a heavy downpour.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts