Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine told me something rather interesting this past weekend. He said that a "private land anterless permit" can be used on anyone's private land in the designated management unit, not just on the land which the permit was bought for using the tax i.d. number. I thought he was full of it, but he lives in Roscommon and he said he asked an officer up there about it. The officer told him he was full of it, but the officer looked in the hunting guide book anyways. After looking through it the officer admitted to my buddy that he was wrong, and my buddy was right. I looked through the hunting guide too after I was told of this and I did not see anywhere where it says it has to be used on the private land on which it was bought for. Now I thought I knew that private land antlerless permits were supposed to be used for one or a combination of peoples private property but maybe I am wrong. And I know the guide book is only a guide and not the actual laws also. So if you could please straighten this out I would be much abliged.

Timothy

·
Banned
11,839 Posts
You friend is correct, any private land withing the DMU. The tax number used when the purchase is made is basically to prove that a person does have private land to hunt in that particular unit. This prevents someone from obtaining a private land license who does not have any private land to hunt on. The law states:

Sec. 3.102. (1) Antlerless deer licenses are only valid in their specified deer management unit when the unit has a season open to the taking of deer. Antlerless deer licenses do not grant permission to hunt on private property without the permission of the owner. A person purchasing an antlerless deer license across the counter shall do so in person.

(2) Antlerless deer licenses shall only be valid for taking an antlerless deer.

(3) The holder of a valid general antlerless deer license or public land antlerless deer license shall only take a deer from lands within the deer management unit specified on the antlerless deer license.

(4) The holder of a valid private land antlerless deer license shall only take a deer from privately owned lands within the deer management unit specified on the private land antlerless deer license. The private land antlerless deer license shall not be valid on lands owned by the state or federal government.

Reactions: chemo13
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.