Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it a violation to shine fields with a cased gun in the trunk of the car? The rules say you can't have any weapon in your "possession or control." Does this include in the trunk of a car? Assume, of course, that it is not November or between the hours of 11PM and 6AM.

Thanks for your help,
Byron

·
Registered
8,066 Posts
I'n pretty sure it is illegal...That is what I have been told but boehr will have more to tell u.

------------------
Stelmon, the only one.
Make sure you know what your shooting @ and knock it dead and keep those reels screamen
:( :) :p :eek: :s :?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input, Stelmon. I know the Hunting and Trapping guide practically backwards and forwards, but the way it's stated doesn't make it clear if you can have a weapon in the trunk in a case or not. When my wife and I hunt, we usually just leave the gun/bow in the trunk overnight, and I just wondered if I had to take it out if I was going to go shine the fields. Certainly don't want to shoot anything, but I don't want a ticket, either.

Thanks,
Byron

·
Banned
11,839 Posts
Illegal, can not have a firearm or bow in possession when making use of a light to locate wild animals.

Now there are exceptions with certain types of predator hunting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.