Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm not sure if this can or should be posted here but, I'll try....I need some help!!! Here goes:
I have a greylag goose and 2 ducks, one buff orpington and one cayuga. The ducks are male and the goose female. The goose laid 3 eggs last night and I was wondering if the ducks and goose can crossbreed or is she laying non-fertile eggs? Also, what should I do w/ the eggs? She is laying on them (sometimes). They are all 7 1/2 months old and have lived together since they were one day old. Thanks in advance!!
I have looked on forums more related to ducks/geese but, haven't rec'd. any answers yet....so I thought I'd write on the old faithful MI-sportsman and see what comes up!!!

Walligator

G

·
You can eat the eggs or watch them rot.

Just as hawks and eagles don't produce eagawks, ducks and geese won't make deese...or gucks, or whatever the he*l you'd call such a creation.

Dr. Mofesto

·
Banned
2,140 Posts
Claudette Colbert I believe it was...even a fertilized egg can be eaten...just as long as it is only a few days old...after that the embryo starts to develope...and the eggs get boney....:lol:

·
Registered
404 Posts
You have recieved the correct answer to your question, they cannot cross.
However, I have a question....you said it was a gray leg goose.... that is a wild species..... are you sure it isn't a toulouse or pilgrim?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, my goose is, for sure, a greylag. I bought her from a dealer and she looks just like a greylag. I have been eating her eggs as to date, but, would like to hatch some in the spring. Thanks for the info.!

Walligator

1 - 6 of 6 Posts