Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made the first trip of the year and she didnt disappoint... Took a few moves to find em but once i did, it was game on.

Spoon did the damage in the morning... Meat on one of Harrys jigs (sorry, forgot the name) crushed em in the afternoon. Wouldnt touch a spoon.

Glad i bought minnows! I almost didnt and I could hear my grandpas voice from 40+ years ago telling me..."if you're going perch fishing, ya need minnows! Thanks Grandpa! Paid off this time!

Ice was 14" everywhere i set down... Did find a big slush field and stained water to the S of MB... Still caught fish, but you had to scoop the hole after each one. Kinda a PIA. Seen this on Simcoe, before but not LSC. Caught fish anywhere from 6-12 FOW..

Attachments

·
Registered
946 Posts
Nice job SS. Thanx for the report. I have to spend this Sunday with the grandkids but will b back over there next weekend.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Looking to make my first ever trip over there. Where is there a place to park by St Luke's?

Thanks. Also is there access at the parking to drive on the ice with snowmobiles.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Also went out of St.lukes. kept about 30 and threw back at least 50. Moved 10 times. Caught most of the fish in 15ft of watrr between 130 and 230pm. Muskyrush how far out didyou walk? St. Lukes is at the end of Rivardline rd. Just north of the national park.

·
Team Yukon
4,854 Posts
Nice job Slam always better over there during the week than on the weekends....Last Sunday was slow for us.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Nice work on the fish salmonslammer! Way to switch it up in the afternoon! That made the difference between an ok day, and a great one!
Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
975 Posts
Also went out of St.lukes. kept about 30 and threw back at least 50. Moved 10 times. Caught most of the fish in 15ft of watrr between 130 and 230pm. Muskyrush how far out didyou walk? St. Lukes is at the end of Rivardline rd. Just north of the national park.
I was 1.7 miles from the ramp, was such a nice day to be over loved every minute of it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Great job! Walking out of St Lukes tomorrow. Last week my Dad and I caught 40 keepers about 2 miles on minnows and Ken spoons. Did St Lukes still have minnows?

We had that slush problem a couple years ago. That can be a pain.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Nice job Brian...Beauty pile o fish!

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Good to see the bite picking up over there.....moonphase??

·
Registered
9,743 Posts
Well done Brian... I should head to the queens side sometime. I haven't done all that well as of late on this side.

·
Registered
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well done Brian... I should head to the queens side sometime. I haven't done all that well as of late on this side.
I held off as long as I could Steve.. 4 trips on this side and nothing to show for it.

I don't know if it was the moon, pressure or what, but they were on the snap!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts