Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how the water depth is at the mouth of the Quanicacee river. Is there enough for a 21ft. boat to get out without any problems?
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I heard of 31's going out. I guess its good to be on plane though. I always do in and out. Skeeter

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
the water is up a little but you must plane we went out 3 days ago did not plane out, stirred up a little mud :yikes:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Anybody having any successs straight out from the Quanicacee river?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Yes and no. Fished that general area yesterday 5 fow to 10 fow. I only managed 2 nice walleyes but, caught several fish but most weren't walleyes. Several boats headed to deeper water. Talked to a couple that had done that and they all had fish, a limit or close to it. Bigger boats in and out of river trimmed up and on plane, but make sure you don't cut the corner coming into last bouy as I did (ouch).

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Fished Quanicassee on 5/23 - checked the water level as we traveled out of the channel. We were on plane and the lowrance measured 3.4 to 4' all the way out (this was with a south wind). The water was very clear as we could see the bottom in 7.5 to 8' of water. Fished 9' to 11' pulling body baits and only caught one. Meet three guys at the dock who were kind enough to tell us how they caught their limit (saw the fish, several looked big enough to eat the 16" we had!). The were over the "slot" in 12 feet of water pulling crawler harnesses. The rod we saw had a harness with chartreuse blades and beads.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Yup, did the check on the way out and in with 3.1 on the side passing another boat. That was yesterday also. Fished wypts 6'-10' from previous with harnesses and nothing for the pan. Family situation so that was just for 1 1/2 hrs. Did see several boats come by heading for the slot or the bar it looked. Sounds like the Qcee launch might be going pay to launch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts