Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went bottom bouncing down the South Channel this afternoon for the first time this year. Haven't fished it for walleye since April. Not seeing any other fisherman wasn't a good sign. Ended up loosing or breaking more harnesses than walleye landed and called it a day after 3 hours.

But I did get this big muskie that came in at 44" and 22 lbs. Wish I got a better picture, but the sun was washing out my phone screen and didn't see my shadow until after the fish was released. I'll take a fish like that over a 50 C&R walleye day any time of the year.

Fish Fin Seafood Fisherman Ray-finned fish

·
Registered
13,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You should target them. Much more rewarding when you connect than other species, IMO.
I trolled muskie plugs for 5 hours yesterday without a pullback, but it was still a bit too early in the season for a lot of that mileage. And for the last month I've missed a ton of pike throwing bigger baits than I normally do, but it's only got me one nice tiger. On Thursday I found a really nice spotted muskie about the size of today's, but it wasn't in a feeding mood. But apparently that isn't targeting them.

·
47,857 Posts
I trolled muskie plugs for 5 hours yesterday without a pullback, but it was still a bit too early in the season for a lot of that mileage. And for the last month I've missed a ton of pike throwing bigger baits than I normally do, but it's only got me one nice tiger. On Thursday I found a really nice spotted muskie about the size of today's, but it wasn't in a feeding mood. But apparently that isn't targeting them.
Must have skipped over your recent reports.

·
Registered
13,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Must have skipped over your recent reports.
You aren't going to find those reports. If you think I start up a new thread for every fishing trip, then I'd have a higher post count than you by now. I do a lot with walleye to try to help others get on or stay on the bite. But much less with everything else.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts