Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talked with the Civil Engineer working the project yesterday. He indicated that the construction should be completed early next week. They were laying the last of the concrete when I was there and what was left to do was the railing.
He was angry with the DNR because they would not approve a concrete patch on the south side of the launch pad. The DNR said that the gravel would suffice. The repair would have been an easy job because all the equipment and material was already there.

By the way, no fish yet! Some of his workers were fishing the river in their off time with no success. No bait fish either!

·
Premium Member
6,145 Posts
I haven't been by there in awhile. What exactly are/did they do? New docks and seawall or what?

·
Premium Member
11,655 Posts
Looks like just a new fishing pier. Elevated it so that it does not hold water. Nothing changed to the launch configuration. Patched up the parking lot a little and sprayed it.
Is the fishing pier north or south of the launch ramps?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Wow, all that!!! For a measly 245,000.00, what a deal!!
I'm glad our government has so much money I'll never have to worry for the well being of my children and grandchildren. 😔

·
Registered
248 Posts
I would like to see them put some gravel down in some of the SGA parking lots and access road
so I don't have to use 4 wheel drive to get in and out, thought paying for the access permit might
have covered that. silly me.

·
Premium Member
11,655 Posts
I went there yesterday to check it out. Now there is 2 docks. No one was working because of rain. Should be better then before.
Any word on when they will start on the work for the Patterson Rd. launch area? That sounded like quite a nice addition if it ever really came through.

·
Premium Member
30,426 Posts
Drove by a couple hours ago....signs up across entrance saying closed. No one working to ask when it willbe open, due to weather I guess.

·
Premium Member
30,426 Posts
I went there yesterday to check it out. Now there is 2 docks. No one was working because of rain. Should be better then before.
I haven't seen the 2 docks yet? Sure you weren't at Finn? 😆 they way it looked, they should be done this week with it, and open this weekend. Wasn't open yesterday to vehicles yet but a few parking on rd and walking in to fish.

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I haven't seen the 2 docks yet? Sure you weren't at Finn? 😆 they way it looked, they should be done this week with it, and open this weekend. Wasn't open yesterday to vehicles yet but a few parking on rd and walking in to fish.
Ralph, I don't think they expanded the width of the ramp. Probably only 1 dock, just like in the past.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts