Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious - when you guys pull your shotgun up on a tom, do you pull it when you first spot it or do you wait until the split moment right before you pull the trigger?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hopefully, its already up and pointed were I'll think he'll be stepping into view by the time I see that big ol' white head bobbing through the woods

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Up and ready.
If anything, when I am using a box call, I may have to slide my right hand in position should I need to coax him a little closer with some purrs. Not easy to call with one hand but can be done. I guess thats when a diaphram would come in handy :lol:

CB

·
Registered
65 Posts
gun up and ready. eyes are to good to be reaching for a gun as soon as i hear a gobble and tell its comming in i have the gun ready and pointed towards his voice. mouth call to do the finall call

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
That's a losers bet.:coolgleam

Stack the odds in your favor- you want his head and neck stuck straight up looking for ya. Oftimes a simple "cluck" will do the job.

NB

·
Registered
207 Posts
you should have your gun up and ready before the tom is even spotted. they have such a good sense of sight that they can catch any movement. it's better to be ready than to have to make a last second move that screws you over.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome guys thanks for the responses!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts