Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I visited my local pro shop (JC Archery, great bunch of guys) Monday and shot the new Bowtech bow(can't remember the name) What a bow. Absolutely no shock, recoil, vibration. Quiet!!!

But what really caught my eye was the new line of PSE bow. I didn't get a chance to shoot one but what an awesome looking bow (Firestorm X). The owner said that is a great bow and he has been a die hard Bowtech shooter. They only had a left hand model at the time, but are expecting more. I am saving my cash. Had a pretty good interview on Thursday and if/when it works out I am going back to decide which one to buy. (Bowtech Tribute, Tomcat or the PSE Firestorm X or Mossy Oak X). Any input on the PSE models would be greatly appreciated, even though I have my mind pretty well set.

Wish me Luck!!!

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
Nice, PSE was the first bow I had and today is still the best shooter I've ever owned. Wish I never sold it.

Let us know what happens.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I work with all these bows every day, and to be honest with you: P.S.E has stepped it up in a big way this time. I'll be the first to admit that; P.S.E was the leader in the industry many years ago and lost a bunch over the last decade or so. I have not been that impressed with their stuff for quite sometime. Now: Having said that: they have come a long way this year. since Pete Shepley came back into the game, things have changed alot. This years line-up has alot to offer finally. I just bought the X-force, and for a short brace-height bow it's a real shooter. It does have a little string vibration, but for a 350 I.B.O bow it does a great job. The best bow in their lineup has to be the firestorm X. Now this thing is a shooter. I have put this little bow in alot of customers hands right along with the mathews and it has sold itself when they shot it. For roughly $100 less than the Drenalin, it is definately worth shooting. Very smooth little bow all the way around. I have had up to 4 Bowtechs at a time, and they still offer one of the smoothest bows on the market, especially for a speed bow, but I will try the P.S.E's this year as well. I have the very fortunate job of doing this stuff for a living, and I will be buying three bows this year and I am very excited to see how they come out. I am most interested in the 6 inch brace height of the P.S.E on the 3-D course. there I will be shooting it at up to 100 yards and with broadheads at 80 yards. I want to see just how forgiving it really is. The Diamond black Ice will be there as well as the new Elite archery Envy, which has an I.B.O of 355 f.p.s with a 7.5" brace height. I have a sweet spot for the Elite's anyway, as I shot one all last year and was extremely impressed.
you cannot go wrong with any of the ones you are loking at. I am just saying give P.S.E a try this year; they are a new bow all-togather. good luck, and keep us posted.;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts