Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a new PSE xforce, and it smokes. 70 lb, 29 in.,... 340 fps with loop and kisser....90lbs ke. (350 grain arrow). Accurate too! 35 yards arrows are grouping tight, with a 5 shot group. Pretty smooth to shoot and pretty quiet also. I can see why it came out 3rd for the 2007 results, just behind Bowtech, and in front of Mathews. (Not as smooth but way faster) No doubt, 1 pin to 50 yards, The guys at Hicks outdoors have great prices, and great selection. Never thought it would be possible to have an Allegiance, and an Extreme VFT for back up bows.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Yeah, it sure looks nice. How do you think that the durability will be? How's the noise? Does it have a solid rear wall on the draw? One pin to 50 would sure be sweet!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gilbey said:
Yeah, it sure looks nice. How do you think that the durability will be? How's the noise? Does it have a solid rear wall on the draw? One pin to 50 would sure be sweet!
the quietest bow tested with a 350 grain arrow is the bear instinct at 85 db, the pse x force is 87 db. Both are quieter than the mathews drenalin.......that tells me its pretty quiet. The vibration with 360 grain arrow is 67.9 for the x force and the mathews drenalin is 75.2.....anything that can compare to a mathews like that is smooth and quiet!!!
I just used the range finder and its one pin at 45 yards for sure......30 yards dead on, at 10-20 yards its a couple inches high, and at 45 I put the pin 2/3 the way up on the 3d target and it hits at the 1/3 spot.
solid wall..... but it fells like it might have a little valley just before, im just shooting it to stretch it out then tune it up.
Durability......I guess we will see???

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Interesting test results . Was that the Bowsite's test or archerytalk's tests ? Looks like the Diamond Black Ice and Guardian sound output are the most consistant with the various arrow weights .
The results varied wildly with the other bows with the different arrow weights .

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2 or 3 db either way........not sure if you can actually hear the difference with your ears? I know one thing, I shot the Hoyt Vulcan and it felt like less recoil than the bowtech.......The numbers dont show it, but it fooled me.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TnRidge said:
Interesting test results . Was that the Bowsite's test or archerytalk's tests ? Looks like the Diamond Black Ice and Guardian sound output are the most consistant with the various arrow weights .
The results varied wildly with the other bows with the different arrow weights .
I'm not sure what your looking at as far as consistancy goes.....the pse only had a 2.2 db change through the various weights. The bowtech had 3.9db difference and the diamond had 4.6db difference. No doubt the bowtech and diamond are quieter, but most consistant I don't see?

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
340! :yikes:

·
Registered
16,457 Posts

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
deerslayer#1 said:
I'm not sure what your looking at as far as consistancy goes.....the pse only had a 2.2 db change through the various weights. The bowtech had 3.9db difference and the diamond had 4.6db difference. No doubt the bowtech and diamond are quieter, but most consistant I don't see?
I'm looking at the #1 and #2 rankings , and how the bows faired agains't the competition . The Bowtech stayed at the top throughout the weight range .

·
Registered
16,457 Posts
I think these results are pretty good but the accuracy may be in question. How does the Guardian get LOUDER with a heavier arrow? 84.8 for a 300 gr arrow as opposed to 85.7 with a 360 gr arrow. Methinks someone may have coughed during that shot!!:D

·
Registered
888 Posts
I need to replace my very old Browning Mirage so I went right to that website when someone here showed the web address. A pretty good test I thought. I still can't figure out which one is for me. The Diamond Black Ice looks good to me at this time. The Guardian almost looks like an X-Bow to me without the stock - kinda radical but look at that noise difference compared to the rest. The question in my mind is just how much do you have to spend for a bow? $699 $800? All I want is a new bow that is smooth to pull back, fairly quicker than my old bow, quiet and reliable. Can't wait to see what I end up with.

·
Registered
486 Posts
webfarmer said:
I need to replace my very old Browning Mirage so I went right to that website when someone here showed the web address. A pretty good test I thought. I still can't figure out which one is for me. The Diamond Black Ice looks good to me at this time. The Guardian almost looks like an X-Bow to me without the stock - kinda radical but look at that noise difference compared to the rest. The question in my mind is just how much do you have to spend for a bow? $699 $800? All I want is a new bow that is smooth to pull back, fairly quicker than my old bow, quiet and reliable. Can't wait to see what I end up with.
Do not try the PSE cuz your gonna end up spending the 800!!!! I just bought the PSE and it shoots very good. It will impress you!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I made the mistake of shooting the X-Force while getting some minor work done on my Drenalin. Long story short, the Drenalin stayed at the shop as a trade in, and I now own one smooth and fast X-Force. I am shooting a 390 grain total weight arrow out to 27 yards using my 20 yard pin. No holdover, no gapping the pins, dead on. Better yet, 30 yard pin stays dead on out to 35 yards. Haven't gotten the chance to shoot past 40 yet, but I am betting on similar performance. Should take the guess work out of yardage estimations. The shops chrono is dead right now, but I will be sure to post some numbers when it is up and running. My stats....28" draw, 64#, 390 grain arrow. To say I am pleased would be a gross understatement.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I am going to pick mine up on Saturday. I too made the mistake of just trying one out for the heck of it.:D I could not believe how quiet it was considering it was a bare bow.

·
Super Moderator
4,958 Posts
Blah Blah Blah......I need pics:D

How's the short brace?
Anyone gettin arm slap?
Riser tapped in the rear for STS?
How many?

Damn you guys...I do NOT need a new bow:lol:

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I shot one a few weeks ago at a local shop and could not hand it back to the shop employee fast enough!

Just not for me, I guess.....

Mark

·
Premium Member
17,583 Posts
I shot it, really liked it but still a bit concerned with the 6" brace height. But, good news!!! In a few weeks we should be seeing the PSE X-Force 7....same bow with a 7" brace height! Will IBO about 8 to 10 fps slower, but still smokin' fast. Can't wait to check it out!
I will have to shoot that and it will likely be added to the short list that already includes:
Hoyt Vectrix
Hoyt Vulcan
Bowtech Ally
Elite Synergy

·
Registered
486 Posts
I just shot mine and it made my 06 allegience look like a toy!!!! I have a 20 yard pin and its good at 50. 70 lb 29 inch draw 350 grain arrow shooting 338 set up with a kisser and loop.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts