Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who haven't stored their boats yet, the perch are still around at Port Sheldon. A few reports suggested they were in 40-60 fow, I located a few nice schools this morning in 50-52 a bit south. Spikes and cooked shrimp worked, in fact, one perch I cleaned had 4 shrimp chunks in him, apparently he got too greedy. Gotcha! :D

Surface temp 63° and a salmon fisherman said it was 68° out in 200 fow, incredible. BTW he said marked lots of fish but only a few takers this AM. Lots of good fishing yet if the weather cooperates.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Severus,

Thank you for the good report. I haven't made my mind up yet whether to go back to L. Michigan or try L. Erie. Port Sheldon is just a tad closer drive than Monroe. I'm going to try to get out mid week.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Severus,

Thank you for the good report. I haven't made my mind up yet whether to go back to L. Michigan or try L. Erie. Port Sheldon is just a tad closer drive than Monroe. I'm going to try to get out mid week.
I believe you will find perch from PS down to New Buffalo if you go. Look for small bottom marks on your screen, my best school was a simply a few small hooks down tight. You may find big schools but I didn't see any on Saturday. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts