Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My trigger finger was saying yes but my mind was telling me no. Hope my decision pays off.

Can't eat the buttons right?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
That took some real kahonas to let him pass.........your a better man than me....:bowdown:

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In all seriousness I saw 16 does and fawns between 430 and dark including a heard of 12 at once and not a single buck was trailing any of them. I couldn't believe it. It did take some self control not to pop a big Doe though. I did make a half hearted attempt but they were so skiddish plus its hard to get a decent shot set up with 24 eyes looking your way. Anyway no bucks! What gives?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
386 Posts
Take some does.... early season -mid season- and late season. Especially where you are hunting....

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Hey at least you're seeing deer!! Lol. I don't even feel bad that I have to go to work today it's been extremely slow for me. Hopefully a shooter shows itself wednesday or thursday. (Doe or decent buck).
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
20,131 Posts
In all seriousness I saw 16 does and fawns between 430 and dark including a heard of 12 at once and not a single buck was trailing any of them. I couldn't believe it. It did take some self control not to pop a big Doe though. I did make a half hearted attempt but they were so skiddish plus its hard to get a decent shot set up with 24 eyes looking your way. Anyway no bucks! What gives?
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm a bit "puzzled" about the rut activity as well. In the mid-to NW part of the state, the rut was on full tilt in the week heading into the gun opener. I thought for sure that in the southern part, it would peak around opening day. I had a lone doe come in, around noon on Sunday and I dumped her on the spot and left her there for about 45 minutes,, waiting for "him" to be not so far behind her,, it never happened. This was a 1.5yr. old doe, around 110'ish lbs.,,, do younger does come into estrous later than the older ones??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts