Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I got a prototype made up,,,the welds on this one could be better looking,,I had it zapped together by a fella who welds exhuast pipes,he was handy and I wanted to get one done for a pic,,,when I start to make them I have a guy who will do them up real nice,,,,the tines are 3/16" round stock that I bent up and they are about 5 1/2" long (no barbs),,,the 1/2" round stock is 2 3/4' long and is slotted on a CNC mill 3/16" so that the tine assembly slides into the slot before welding,,the round stock is also tapped deep to except 3/8" stud or all-thread or what ever,,,the tine assembly is 5 1/2" long X 7" wide,,,I still have to do some math and work out a price whith my welder,and one other thing some part of the price has to go to the this site!!!( I will do my best to keep it as low as possible!)
Ok so thats the basic design I am going with so if anyone wants to kick around any design changes has any other thing to add please post,,,
oh-yea I almost forgot I am working on a smaller version with tines made from 1/8" tines but I have not finished it yet,,also I am worried about the 1/8" tines holding up but I will get one made up and see how sturdy it is, so hear a 2 pics sorry about the poor pics,,but I have a cheepo camera and that is the best I can manage at the moment!......................... .........
..... ..................................

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will see if I can have this post moved to the buy&sell forum,,,that is where I should have posted it!!

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Tonga I Want Two Of Them.
When Where Do I Send The Money.

carl

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trout what are the dimensions of the 1/8" job? how many tines? with? and most important length,,,and in your opinion how well do the 1/8' tines hold up
oh-yea as for the barbs ,,every one wants to go barbless with the perch spears,,,the fish seem to stay on just fine,the perch don't thrash like pike ,,a lot of us went barb less last year with good results,,dose a lot less damage to those tasty little fish!

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
Tonga, YOU ARE GOING TO SH$$!! I have a spear that I made in High School that won the state campetition that is IDENTICAL to your spear. I had to go outside and make sure that its still there. I will take a picture and post it, incredible.

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sweet! " state competition" I will take that as a good sign

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Awww Geezzzzz....... Now he's gonna get a fat head!!!!!!;)

Nice spear buddy!!! Have fun makin them, I'm going fishin!!!! Bouvier is giving up good gills:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts