Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had our hardwoods refinished and bought some more of those felt pads that go on the bottom of the kitchen chairs. Problem is the stinkin things keep sliding off of the bottom of the chairs legs. The little pads come with adhesive on them that supposedly stick to the white plastic/fiber thing that nails into the chair legs. I have tried supergluing them on the white things and directly onto the wooden chair legs but they stay on for about a week and then slide off to the side. Any tips on a better way to protect your floor from chair damage or a better way to keep the felt pads on?

·
Registered
18,931 Posts
I'd try another brand or style pad and cleaning the plastic chair foot with alcohol before sticking them on.
Don't know the brand but mine stay on,though not heavily used.
Sounds like the backing on the pad is incompatible with the foots surface, or the adhesive failed for some reason.

·
Banned
11,515 Posts
Just had our hardwoods refinished and bought some more of those felt pads that go on the bottom of the kitchen chairs. Problem is the stinkin things keep sliding off of the bottom of the chairs legs. The little pads come with adhesive on them that supposedly stick to the white plastic/fiber thing that nails into the chair legs. I have tried supergluing them on the white things and directly onto the wooden chair legs but they stay on for about a week and then slide off to the side. Any tips on a better way to protect your floor from chair damage or a better way to keep the felt pads on?
I have hardwood floors throughout the house. Area rugs are the answer. Set your lazyboy or couch on an area rug with stick-um tape on the rugs. Stops the sliding. You do have to refresh the tape 2 or 3 times a year. Use mineral spirits to clean the remnant glue from the tape. The felt pads you mentioned work good on area rugs.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
My last house had hardwood on main floor. I put the thicker adhesive felt pads you can buy at home depot / lowes on all of my living room (sofa + oversized chair) and kitchen (table + four chairs) furniture. On the most heavily used stuff - kitchen chairs - I replaced them about once a year. Never had any issues with them falling off though. Actually, quite the opposite. The adhesive would stick so well to the bottom of the wooden chairs i'd have to grab a scraper or a razor to get it all off to put new ones on.

·
Banned
11,515 Posts
My last house had hardwood on main floor. I put the thicker adhesive felt pads you can buy at home depot / lowes on all of my living room (sofa + oversized chair) and kitchen (table + four chairs) furniture. On the most heavily used stuff - kitchen chairs - I replaced them about once a year. Never had any issues with them falling off though. Actually, quite the opposite. The adhesive would stick so well to the bottom of the wooden chairs i'd have to grab a scraper or a razor to get it all off to put new ones on.
I meant them sliding on the floor. They don't come off the chair, they just slide on the floor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts